I'm sorry I haven't updated everyone sooner...life has a way of keeping you busy!
Hickory is doing GREAT!!
He got an excellent check-up back in July for his 12 week. The x-rays were good, and the vet appreciated the Leinenkugel beer we brought him back from WI! :-)
We've had a few, not quite set-backs or scares, but definitely those "oh no..." moments when he's seemed really sore or slipped. About a month ago, he'd gotten sore enough that I got him some pain meds, but after only a day or so, he was back to his old self.
DS has been walking and even jogging the dogs the last week, and that really seems to help. It's also such a joy seeing Hick bounding around in the yard once again.
We have been very lucky in that everything seemed to go perfectly and smoothly. I would highly, highly recommend Dr. Dew and the TTA surgery. It's very overwhelming when you first come to the ACL/CCL problem. I found so much great info and support on the yahoo group, but it can also scare you. We had faith in our doctor, and there were others who'd had TTA who were great about answering my questions and offering support.
Tomorrow the pups get to go to church with us for the Blessings from the Animals service. It's always more fun going to church when we get to take them! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment