Friday, November 14, 2008

Employed!

I got a call from Maumelle Public Library today and offered the page position I interviewed for on Wed. They seem really nice there, and I accepted it on the spot.

I'm still waiting to hear about a position at the UALR Archives, and I have also gotten my resume in to the director of the Central AR Library System through some friend connections. I'll be working Tue - Fri from 9 - 2 which is, overall, excellent. I'll be home when DS gets home, probably have some flexibility for swapping some days if something comes up, etc.

The sad thing is that I've always gone to have lunch w/ DS on Fri., or at least nearly always. He has a field trip on Wed., and I won't be able to make that either (altho I might ask if I could come in a bit later).

Part of me is excited, since it does seem like it will be a good environment. Part of me is sad, since I will miss some of the things I've always done...but hopefully there will be flexibility....and I think there will.

I quit work before DS was born, back in Dec. of 1995! It's hard to believe that it's been that long, and I consider myself so amazingly lucky that I was able to always be home with DS. I've kept so busy with volunteering and working on the books, although it has been hard sometimes financially.

I need to earn a few more points, or whatever they're called, to qualify for Social Security, so I've been planning to get some type of work, at some time...and now with Hick needing surgery, the time has come.

We're planning to have his surgery in January, and now I'll have several weeks of work in beforehand.

DS was a little sad when I told him that I wouldn't be able to make Fri. lunch, or his field trip, but then he said, "but Hick needs the surgery, so that's more important."

We just all love that doggie so much! and our other doggie and cat as well.

No comments: