Friday, May 2, 2008

Amazing Recovery

Here it is, only 4 days after surgery, and we feel like we've got our Hickory back. He's back to being his big goofy self, wiggling and wagging that tail of destruction. I had him out on the deck for a bit, while I put some verbena into hanging baskets, and again later when I was hosing everything off. He found a sunny spot the first time, but later wandered around licking anywhere with excess water. We have a pressure gate we keep across the stairs. We started using that before surgery.

DH brought Hick some dry food, but he's not having ANY of that! He tipped the bowl over. I gave him some tuna that quickly disappeared, and then put some dry in a bowl with beef broth...it was gone in no time. Of course by the time I'd brought him his brothy lunch, he'd knocked over the other bowl with the dry. DH thinks he's spoiled, but I said I think we can cut the Hick some slack! I'm just glad to see him eating.

He's been going in his kennel some today. He's always liked it, unlike Holly who acts like it's cruel and unusual punishment, and I swear stands up the entire time in protest. Another good thing is there hasn't been any noxious gas emanating from Hick's nether regions!

DS is loving having Hick as his sleeping buddy, and I'm not sure how we'll go back to dogs out in the non-bedroom part of the house after rehab...We'll have to see how that one turns out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GOO TO HEAR AND SEE THAT HICKORY IS GOING WELL, SEEMS LIKE YOUR DOING EVERYTHING THAT AGREES WITH HIM. GOOD FOR YOU AND HICKORY . IT ONLY CONTINUES TO GET BETTER

DONNA AND JESSE
BILATERAL TTA 2/12/08 AND DOING GREAT!