Hick has some swelling by his ankle, which we were told to expect. Tomorrow he'll get the fenatyl (spelling) patch off.
Overall, he's doing great. He slept thru the night, and I took him out this morning, and he tinkled, and even tried to lift his good leg at one point, but decided he wasn't study enough. I figure it's a good sign that he even tried.
He's really whiny and seems bored. We've got Enya looping on the CD player, and yesterday DH worked here in DS's room, and today I'll be in here.
I just fed him a can of tuna, and he ate it. I tried to do that yesterday, and had watered it since he wasn't drinking much at that point, and he wouldn't touch it. His appetite seems to still be off...and maybe some of that has to do with the patch. I know it can cause constipation. I put some dry food in the bowl w/ some low sodium beef broth. He licked at it a bit, but didn't want to eat any. I guess I might try some bread in beef broth in a bit.
DS has been pestering me to let him sleep in his room with Hick. I wanted to be available in case Hick needed anything and didn't want DS being woken up, but we've had two good nights, so I think tonight we can all go back to our own beds.
I forgot to give Hick his glycoflex yesterday, so we did it this morning. We're trying the tablet first, and then we'll do the chews. We got a 14 day supply of each. I imagine they'll both like the chews since they smell really good. I'm going to put Holly on it as well and need to get Domino (the nearly 14 y/o cat) back on.
I'll post some pics in a bit...Hick's resting finally, so I'm not moving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad Hick's healing so well! All babysteps, but it's moving forward. I'm glad his plumbing is working well. I'm sure the meds are the whole food problem and I'm sure he's not real comfortable either. I'm so glad you began this blog so we can keep updated on the sweetie. I look forward to seeing the new pics!
Post a Comment