I've offered him water, like our instructions say, but he is NOT interested. I just opened a can of tuna in oil, as the ortho vet recommended, and gave him a couple spoonfuls. He scarfed it down! I offered water again, but he wouldn't take any.
I figure I'll wait a couple hours, like they suggest, to make sure he doesn't vomit, and will keep trying with the water. He's moving around a bit...head up, looking around...so I figure before DH leaves, I'll get him to help me take Hick out. We can try out the bag assist (I know it's called something but can't remember what), and I hope it works. DH has to go in to his work office, and in case Hick needs to go out during night, I'd hope to be able to do it w/out waking everyone.
The hardest thing right now is that Holly thinks it's all about her. I was looking over Hick's glycoflex (that I'll probably put her on as well), and she thought it was hers. It must smell good. They pills were sitting on a table near Hick, and when he put his head up and was whiffing, I got thinking, maybe he's hungry... I figured that was a good sign. It's just so hard to see him lying there and knowing how much it must hurt to move.
I haven't given him the pervocet (sorry...I will get the spelling right eventually) and figured I'd hold off until maybe early afternoon. I'd like it to last through the night, but if he starts looking like he hurts, I'll give it right away. The patch he has (feno- something) is good for 4 days, and then we clip the sutures and peel it off like a band-aid.
Oh...and my shelf-liners aren't working so well. They don't stay flat, but I figure they'll do for now, and then I'll just get a couple more rugs w/ rubber backing. We really only need a couple more to cover the path to the kitchen door. This will be better than nothing for now, and I'm sure we'll use them...like out on the deck when we get to the point of going outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment