Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Waterworks working!

If you know what I mean!

DS & I got home from the game (Travs losing 0-1 in the 7th if anyone is interested), and an emergency orthodontic appt (that turned into a follow-up that somehow didn't get scheduled), and while we were gone, DH took Hick out, and says he tinkled forever! Finally!!

When we were leaving the ball game,DH had called and said that Hick had finally drunk water on his own, and after we got home, and DH was bringing Hick inside, Hick lead him to his usual water bowl and drank a bunch.

He got up and was wagging his tail when DS & I got home...and he looks more like his usual self. :-)

He's putting weight on the leg and getting up and down. I swear, yesterday was much worse than I'd expected, but it's okay, considering how much better today is. I can see that in another few days the challenge is going to be keeping him calm and restrained.

I'd called the ortho vet this morning, since we were a little concerned about him not drinking. It said in our instructions to call if it was over 6 hours...and it was...but I figured what we added to the tuna, and what I dribbled on his leg, must have counted for something. Dr. Dew called me and said adding water to the tuna was fine and didn't seem overly concerned...yet. And now we don't have to worry.

I also asked about the pain meds, since Hick really seemed to be hurting this morning, and I gave him his meds (prevocet) a little early. Dr. Dew said the meds should last a day but we can give a little early if needed.

Things are definitely getting better, though.

I also want to thank everyone who has been keeping our special dog in their thoughts and prayers. We appreciate it!

No comments: