Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Going out...not good...

We tried to take Hick out using the bag. It made a big difference, and he even got a couple good strides in before stopping. Problem was get got away from DH and the bag. When we got in the garage, he first acted like he was going to the van and then seemed okay going out, but still nothing (no urination yet).

Of course the guys had to come today to do our gutters, so Holly is making a racket and woofing...and I've got guys talking and trudging over the roof. Murphy's Law.

I just gave Hick his pills w/ some braunsweiger, and he ate it easily. FIL is coming over at noon to help me take Hick out again. More Murphy's Law, my knees are bothering me (to the point that I'm thinking I may need to finally go have it checked out) so I'm worried that I might not be able to support him.

It's very scary tho...he went down at one point sorta a bunny flop onto his rump, and it makes your heart stop beating. We're so afraid he's going to hurt himself. He wimpers and cries a bit, and we can only hope that he knows that we really are doing this because we love him. Surely he knows that by now.

I changed FIL coming over to 1:30 and also asked them to take DS to piano lessons tonight. I've got a knee brace on, and the CD player filled with Enya to camouflage the guttering. Maybe it'll calm all of us. The shelfing liners have been replaced w/ the non-skid bath mats from DS's bath and Hick seems to be resting again.

I was wrong yesterday...today's going to be the longest day.

No comments: