Put some tuna in front of him, and Hick perks right up and laps it up. I can't get him to eat any food, take any water (I'm still dribbling a little on his foot when he's in eating mode), and now he's not interested in peanut butter (but maybe it's because I've laced it w/ dog food).
DH is home, and ILs have taken DS to piano lesson, Wendy's, and then to school for the Art show. DH said that I should go to school, so he'll be staying home w/ Hick. I'm going to give Hick the rest of his second can of tuna (I figure any food is better than nothing), and maybe I'll water it down a little this time then DH and I are going to take him out again. It's just the worst...worrying that he'll fall, watching him lose his footing, his wimpers and cries...I just hate that he has to suffer like this...I hope tomorrow's better...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been through surgery 8 times and I do know that human bodies and animal bodies work pretty much the same way. From my own experience I do know that some people take longer to sleep off the anesthesia than others and there is a good chance that Hick is still trying to get the anethesia out of his system. He probably won't eat until tomorrow, probably closer to the afternoon. Just keep getting what ever you can into him, just like you are doing. Food is food.
And, if you don't know this trick already, corn starch removed doggie puddles from the carpet along with the odor. Next puddle, don't wipe it up, don't touch it (restrain yourself!), just dump cornstarch on it. It'll absorb ALL the fluid from deep in the carpet. Vacuume up the next day (full 24 hours), and there will be no sign or trace of the puddle.
I just read Hick's story of how he found and adopted you. He's lucky you didn't name him 'Kroger' :-) My Tyson Parker is also a found critter. October 1, 2006 he literally dropped out of the sky into the middle of our church picnic at, of course, Tyson Park (hence his name). A search turned up nothing, so of course. I didn't want another tiel having just lost 6 in 3 years. But the lady in my church who'd rescued him needed a sitter and being the resident crazy bird lady, I said I'd sit for her. Tyson Parker saw my tiels set up and refused to leave! Yeah, literally. He went home with my friend and screamed for 2 months strait! I took him in to see if I could figure out the problem, and of course, not one single scream. So, he became rescue number 4 and took up the last bit of space in my living room--unless I get rid of the sofa.......
Post a Comment