Monday, April 28, 2008

Still Awaiting News

I'm thinking Hick may be in surgery by now. I'm guessing they see patients first thing and do the surgery in the late morning & afternoon. They told me not to expect a call until 5 or even after 6 since they won't call until Hick has woken up.

When we were there this morning, there was a friendly black lab being left for something. There was a very sweet looking, 5 mo. old Bassett named Daisy who had been hit by a car and had some broken bones & pelvis. The Bassett was going to Memphis to have the surgery tomorrow, probably since Dr. Dew was already booked up today. Another black lab came in and needed surgery done on his windpipe...something about the flap closing when he got overheated and restricting his breathing. There was a snoodle who left, and the owner said that dog had a torn ACL (just like Hick). The snoodle was getting around really well, at 13 wks post-op, but still picked up the leg from time to time. And there was a nasty pit-bull that was everything people fear in those maligned dogs. They finally got that dog in a room and away from the rest of us. I don't know if it was extra-anxious, but it made everyone nervous and it was very peaceful once it was in its own space. A dachshund came in just before we got taken back, and that poor thing was shaking with nerves. It had some shaved patches so not sure if it was a follow-up or what.

I just think of that snoodle (or whatever you call them...it had a schnauzer beard but a coat like a poodle), and that I can't wait for it to be us coming out and saying "we're 13 weeks post-op"

In the meantime the clock seems to be stuck, while I wait for news...

No comments: